And I thought all roads led to Mr. Wonderful.

-------- Original message --------From: danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> Date:
3/11/18  12:47 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: wnn <wnndl@googlegroups.com> Subject: If
only... that covered  Canadian elections...
Subject: so what's the deal with Canada's latest election?

[CBC]

Preferential ballots and equally weighted ridings: How the Ontario PCs choose
their leaders

Where voters live can be more important that how many individual voters support
a candidate

If you're perhaps mildly confused about how the Ontario Progressive
Conservatives choose their leaders, take comfort in the fact that you are
certainly not alone.

The process is relatively complex. It's used to ensure that a candidate has
support throughout the province, rather than in limited geographic areas.

That's partly why, despite the fact that Christine Elliott won both the popular
vote and also the majority of ridings, the former MPP still lost to the PCs
newly elected leader, Doug Ford, by a razor thin margin.
    =====
rest:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-pcs-electoral-college-leadership-vote-1.4571542