obwnn: Our favorite overnight news program is
on the NBC Blue Network. MSNBC is one of the NBC
cable productions.

[Variety]

MSNBC Says On-Screen News Ticker Will No Longer Scroll

MSNBC is rolling up its bottom-of-the-screen news ticker, a nod to interest in less on-screen clutter as the cable-news network experiences new bursts of viewership.

When the NBCUniversal-owned cable-news outlet launched its morning programming Monday with "Morning Joe First Look" at 5 a.m., one longtime graphics element was missing: the scrolling news ticker. "We're removing the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen for a cleaner view that puts our reporting more front and center," the network said in a statement. "As a network, we focus on up-to-the-minute breaking news showcasing our team's smart reporting and in-depth analysis, and we want viewers to get the best possible experience."
   ====
rest:
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/msnbc-removes-news-ticker-1202754729/

                     dan...@panix.com