Folks:

Isn't javax.xml.namespace.QName built into jaxp/xerces these days?

--Glen

Arthur Ryman wrote:
Jeremy,

If we only need a simple class or two them it's probably not incuring
the overhead of another dependency. Why not proceed with our own
implementation if that saves time, and then later try to eliminate
redundant code.

On 10/24/05, Jeremy Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've noticed the XML commons has a QName class. It currently has an
incorrect suid although I'm told they're going to fix that. We could
use their QName class once it is fixed. There could be some useful XML
utilities there - which we could/should use instead of our own
utilities classes if they overlap in function.

However, if the only class we could use from XML commons is QName then
I'd like to stick with having our own so we don't require our users to
download XML commons.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jeremy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to