My comment: Not sure if you have access to this article as it is in a
partly pay-per-read site. In case you have troubles and you want
further reading about it, please tell me and I will produce an
abstract of his work. As you all know, N. Roubini has become one of
the popular gurus of this crisis. I do not share many of his thoughts,
but about this topic in particular (stagnflation vs. deflationary
recession) I share his perspective, we cnnot discard the risk of
facing a deflationary recession instead of hyperinflation.

A group in Beijing has suggested the posibility of a new economic
phenomenon for this crisis. Hyperinflation in food and other
commodities and deflationary recession in financials and other high
end goods and services. Simultaneous deflationary recession and
hyperinflation would be a situation that no economy ever experienced.

Peace and best wishes.

Xi

The Coming Global Stag-Deflation (Stagnation/Recession plus Deflation)
Email PrintShare. (Nouriel Roubini)

http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/roubini/254148/the_coming_global_stag-deflation_stagnationrecession_plus_deflation

Last January – at a time when the consensus was starting to worry
about rising global inflation - I wrote a piece titled Will the U.S.
Recession be Associated with Deflation or Inflation (i.e.
Stagflation)? On the Risks of “Stag-deflation” rather than
“Stagflation” where I argued that the US and other economies would
soon have to worry about price deflation rather than price inflation.