EPA, FDA, Toxins, Its all relative. ;o)

Seriously, dredging the river is going to stir up some very old toxic
sludge for years, I don't care what kind of carbon filters the water
company will use to filter the river for drinking. Remeber your skin
is an organ and absorbs toxins in the water, So take quick showers and
forget soaking in that water!

The towns of Halfmoon and Waterford currently get their drinking water
from the upper Hudson River. Because there is a remote chance that
dredging could impact the quality of the towns’ drinking water, EPA is
constructing a four-and-a-half mile-long water line from Troy to
Halfmoon and Waterford that will be used, if needed, as an alternate
water source during dredging of the upper Hudson.

http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/d10ed0d99d826b068525735900400c2a/aef206e043090fb68525754a005f53b1!OpenDocument

dont you love how they use words..."IF Needed" as if it wont be
needed!

I have more respect for you when you aren't hiding under Turtles
skirt, btw.