Police seeking fifth man after fatal shooting

                
                
        
                NZPA

                November 15, 2009, 11:37 am

        
        

Police are seeking a fifth man in connection with a fatal shooting in a Nelson 
park yesterday.
Officers
had already arrested four other men, who were being held on a number of
charges they will face in Nelson District Court tomorrow.
A
22-year-old man was shot dead during a confrontation between two groups
of men in Branford Park, near the city's centre about 6pm.
The
fight, involving about 12 people, started over a woman who "was known
to both groups", Detective Inspector John Winter said.
"There had been a level of tension over the past few months that was escalating 
in intensity," he said. (<-- Interesting !!! S1000+)

In addition to the gun, a baseball bat was used in the fight and another man 
suffered moderate head injuries.
Forensic
examiners were on the scene this morning, with the body remaining where
it fell until later today when it would be taken away for a post-mortem
examination, he said.
The four men in custody were arrested at a house in Richmond about 11pm.
Police knew who the fifth man was and hoped he would get in touch on his own 
accord today, Mr Winter said.
Police
were also looking for the two cars the men used to leave the scene of
the shooting, as well as any witnesses to the incident they had not yet
talked to.

=======
  S1000+ 
  =======




      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"World-thread" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/world-thread?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to