So.. Iran.. Israel.. USA.. UK and Barazani have something common among them
regarding Iraq.
S1000+

Meso wrote:
Israeli Role in Destroying Iraq
 Hussein Anwar

December 28, 2009

This is a speech by Former Israeli Security Minister Avi Dechter on 4th,
September 2008 at the Research Institute of the Israeli national Security.

I ask the reader to reflect upon the Iraqi Arena in general after
reading this post, I ask the reader to brainstorm about why Israel's
major goal in the Middle-East is to destroy Iraq and keep it weak, I
ask the reader to use the information to think of all the strategic and
political ramifications of this speech, and the Israeli project in the
region, the malicious, and vicious project... and WHY? WHY neutralizing Iraq is
important to Israel more than neutralizing any other Arab country.

After reading this post it is very important to read this post which I posted
some time ago...it will help you get the big picture.

This is a very important post, I ask all decent bloggers whether Iraqi or not
to publish this post on their blogs because some very few bloggers
included little quotes of this lecture but not all of it. This is the
first time this lecture appears in English language. I translated it
from Arabic to English...Please publish it on your blogs.

I will follow this post with 2 other posts (Perhaps combine them both in one
post) about the Kurdish relationship with Israel and I will also cover what
exactly happened in Halabja and Anfal
battle from the experience of former Iraqi Intelligence Director and
high ranking Iraqi Army Generals which they witnessed and participated
in both.

Lecture from the former Israeli Minister of Security, September 4, 2008

Avi Dechter on the Israeli role in Iraq:

"We achieved in Iraq much more than we planned and expected."

Iraq has faded
away as a military power and a united country, and our strategic goals
are to keep this country segregated not allowing this country to to
restore its Arab and regional role because we will be the first to be
affected. One of the main objectives of Israel is to support the Kurds
with weapons, training and security partnership in order to establish
an independent Kurdish state in the North of Iraq, controlling the oil
industry in Kirkuk
and Kurdistan in general.. Our final analysis and strategic goal is
that Iraq must be kept segregated and isolated far away from the
territorial environment. The text of the lecture regarding Iraq:

____________ _________ _________

No one can deny that we have achieved many goals more than we
expected and planned for in this field. We must remember our vital role
in Iraq since the 70’s of the last century, and the main objective of
our role in Iraq is to support the Kurds because they are an oppressed
ethnic group that has the right to decide its destiny, enjoying freedom
like any other nation.

In the beginning, the planners in Israel and on top of the list Uri Lubrani
the former advisor of the Prime Minister then our Ambassador in Turkey,
Ethiopia and Iran has planned the frame and the content of the Israeli
support to the Kurds. In the beginning the support was modest, it was
political support and flagging the Kurdish cause in the media. The
Kurds were not able to flag their cause in the United States and Europe
and even inside some of the European countries. The support was also
financial but limited. The important change started in 1972.
This support took greater strategic and security dimensions, giving the
Kurds weapons through Turkey and Iran, receiving Kurdish groups for
training in Israel and even in Turkey and Iran.

This active support was to mark an important strategic evolution in the
relationship between Israel and the Kurds.

We expected this strategic alliance with the Kurds and our continuous support
to them to achieve important goals and results... if it weren’t for the Shah of
Iran and Iraq to reach and agreement in
 1975 in Algeria.

This
deal between Iraq and Iran in Algeria gave a severe blow to the Kurdish
aspiration but according to the testimonies of high ranking Israeli
generals…this relationship continued with the Kurdish leader Mustafa Barazani.
The Kurds never lost hope, on the contrary they insisted to continue
their struggle against the leadership in Baghdad. After the collapse of
the Kurdish resistance as a result of the deal between Iraq and Iran;
the Kurdish leadership was distributed to Syria, Turkey and Israel. On
the basis of moral obligation and moral duty Israel stayed on the side
of the Kurds and support them in reaching their national goal of
achieving self-government and independence at some later stage.. I will
not take much time lecturing about the past, I must lecture about our
achievements in Iraq which were beyond our imagination and beyond what we had
hoped for.

In Iraq today, there is truly a Kurdish nation, this nation has
all the elements of a state ; land , people, the State authority, the
army, the economy of a promising oil yield.. This nation-state heads
for a border beyond the borders of Kurdistan to include the entire North of
Iraq ; Kirkuk city in the first place, then Mosul, then perhaps Tikrit, Jalawla
to Khanaqeen.

What we felt from the Kurds during their meetings with Israeli officers,
they never failed to mention the support of Israel to them, and they
could not imagine the achievements to be so great and they couldn't do
it on their own without our support.

As for us, our goals were
achieved and that is in the support for the project of a Kurdish state.
We never imagined that all our goals would be achieved during one time
as a result of the war the United States declared on Iraq which
resulted in it’s occupation.

The Iraq which we imagined in our
strategic vision to be and stay the biggest and most dangerous threat
to Israel after it became a military power, suddenly it faded away as
Iraq as a country and a military power and even as a united country
faded away. Dividing Iraq into geographical territories, the
segregation of it’s society, witnessing a fierce and destructive civil
war resulting in the death of thousands of people. If we observe the Iraqi
situation since 2003, we will be facing more than one scenario :

1- Iraq segregated and divided into 3 communities and territories although
there is a central government.
2- More internal wars and killing among the Shiites and the Sunnis and between
Arabs and Kurds too.
3- Iraq with all its security, political and economical conditions will never
be restored to its pre-2003 status.

We are not far away from our strategic changes in Iraq since 2003,
our strategic goal still remains the same -- not to allow this country
to restore its active Arab role, its regional role because we were and
would be again the first to be damaged.

Our active struggle will be kept the same in this field, as
long as US forces stay in Iraq, which will provide us with an umbrella
and a chance so as to forestall any chance for the return of Iraq to
its pre-2003 status -- united and strong.

We use all invisible means in politics and security to keep this
 country weak. We want to create safeguards and ballasts not in northern Iraq,
but in the capital Baghdad too.
We are trying to weave relationships with some of the political and
economic elites so they can act and remain a guarantee for us to keep
Iraq outside the circle of the Arab States, which are in a state of war
with Israel.

Iraq until 2003 was in a state of war with
Israel…and considered the war with Israel as the top of its priorities.
Israel was facing a real strategic challenge in Iraq, although Iraq
went to war with Iran which lasted 8 years…Iraq developed and
strengthened itself strategically and militarily, including its quest
to acquire nuclear weapons. This situation must not be repeated. We are
negotiating with the Americans on this topic, for the sake of cutting
the road and blocking it in front of Iraq once and for all and assuring
that Iraq will never return to its past status as a belligerent country
in a state of war with Israel. The U.S. administration is keen to
ensure our interests and to provide these guarantees through various
means, and they are:

1- To keep the US forces in Iraq for a period between 10 to 20 years even if
Barak Obama is in favor of withdrawing US forces from Iraq by the end of 2009.

2-
to make sure the security pact between the United States and the Iraqi
government include more than one item that ensure the neutralization of
Iraq in the conflict with Israel and not allow Iraq to join any
alliances or systems or comply with codes founded on hatred against
Israel for example like in a treaty in some joint Arab defense nor
participate in any hostile action against Israel in case of a war in
the region with Syria, Lebanon or Iran.

In addition
to these safeguards, there are also efforts and steps we take
individually to ensure that these strong safeguards block the way in
the face of Iraq to return to its past position of adversary. The
continuation of the current situation in Iraq and support of the Kurds
in Northern Iraq as a distinct political entity, gives us strong and
important guarantees for Israeli national security in the foreseeable
future, at least. We are also working to develop a security partnership
and strategic relationship with the Kurdish leadership, although this
might anger Turkey as a friendly country. We have spared no effort to
convince the Turkish leadership, and in particular, Recep Tayyip Erdogan and
Abdullah Gul, and even military leaders that our support for the Kurds in Iraq
does not
 affect the situation of the Kurds in Turkey.

We also made it clear to the Kurdish leadership and have warned of
the consequences of any friction with Turkey and supporting the Kurds
of Turkey in any way. We told them that their partnership with Israel
should not harm our relationship with Turkey and that the field of this
partnership is Iraq at the moment,
and that this breadth must widen in the future to include Syria and
Iran. Tackling the strategic challenges in the regional environment
requires us to not turn a blind eye on the developments in the Iraqi
arena and we must strengthen our efforts and activities there and not
stand idly and watch, but also play a contributing balanced role, thus
avoiding exacerbating harmful interactions.

The neutralization of Iraq by devoting to uphold its current
conditions is not less important and vital than devoting efforts to
sustain the neutralization of the other Arab countries. The
neutralization of Egypt was achieved through diplomacy, but
the neutralization of Iraq required the use of all means available and
not available for it to be a comprehensive and complete neutralization.
We can not talk about the use of the force option, because this
condition does not exist in the case of Iraq. Because this option is exercised
by the greatest power in the world, the United States, and has achieved results
beyond all limits,
it was impossible for Israel to achieve it all alone without using the
elements of power, including the use of nuclear weapons.

Our final analysis is that Iraq must remain fragmented, internally
divided and isolated away from the regional environment, this is our
strategic goal. In order to keep achieving this; we will persevere in
the use of the options best fitted for that situation; a Kurdish state
in Iraq that is dominant over the sources of oil production in Kirkuk and
Kurdistan. There is commitment from the Kurdish leadership to restart the oil
pipeline from Kirkuk to the line of the former IBC
via Jordan. There have been preliminary negotiations with Jordan and we
reached an agreement with the Kurdish leadership too. If the Jordanians
decline, there is the Turkish alternative to extend the pipeline of Kirkuk
and other areas of production in Kurdistan to Turkey then to Israel. We
conducted studies of the scheme of pipes for water and oil with Turkey
and from Turkey to Israel. The equation governing the movement of our
strategy in Iraq is based on the package that we must undermine the
capabilities of the Arab countries inside and outside their borders in
order to ensure the national security of Israel.

The most important stated in a lecture to the Israeli security minister, "Avi
Dechter," which he delivered on September 4, 2008, at the Research Institute of
the Israeli National Security

:: Article nr. 61543 sent on 29-dec-2009 00:37 ECT

www.uruknet. info?p=61543

Link: nebuchadnezzar- ii.blogspot. com/2009/ 12/israeli- role-in-desroyin
g-iraq.html

=======
  S1000+
  =======