2009/2/12 Gaarai <[email protected]>: > My guess however is that your file permissions may not be set up to allow > the web user (apache, nobody, your username, etc depending on your host's > setup) to modify files.
That shouldnt happen -ever- with WordPress :) (Well.. not for upgrades, uploads are a different story) > Darren Mackintosh wrote: >> >> I can't update to Wordpress 2.7.1 through the internal update process as >> I have insufficient privileges, even though I am an Admin, and my >> wordpress is on default install, no tweaks, no weirdness with tables or >> anything. Any ideas?? Sounds like for some reason, Your admin user doesnt have a few of the capabilities introduced with recent upgrades, I'd suggest creating a new admin, and attempting the upgrade from there, it'll tell you if its just your admin user which is suffering or not.... Mind you.. i dont think this would help either now i think about it. The core upgrader is based off the Plugin upgrade capability, If your user does not have permission to upgrade plugins, then it wont be able to upgrade core WP. Try adding populate_roles_260; to your themes functions.php file, just to make sure your admin role has it.. _______________________________________________ wp-testers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers
