Hi everyone. A reminder post will go live on the dev blog at 4pm UTC/ 9am Pacific about the 24-hour has-patch marathon that's happening today/tomorrow, but I thought I'd drop a note in here as well. Since the key to the marathon resulting in a lot of commits today/tonight is having patches tested before the core devs get to them, this event is really about you guys. Yes, people are encouraged to submit patches during the marathon, but the real need is testing. There are almost 200 patches sitting in Trac waiting to be evaluated, and most of them need testing. If you can take some time today to test a few, that would be great. Here are the tickets with patches:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=component&milestone=2.8&keywords= ~has-patch

And if anyone plans to stay up and actually test patches for a full 24 hours, let me know. If you're blogging/twittering about it throughout the marathon (saying what tickets you're currently testing or whatever), we might point to you as an example from the WordPress twitter account.

When I put up the results of the marathon on the dev blog on Monday, I'll also link to the top 5 testers from the 24-hour marathon period (measured by number of patches tested/commented in trac treads).

Thanks!
Jane
_______________________________________________
wp-testers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers

Reply via email to