From: Sheila Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: WRYTING-L@LISTSERV.UTORONTO.CA
Sent: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:54:57 -0700
Subject: I Might Study

I might study hemdrop to the floor
I might study ambience as tidy as I seem
I might study baby grands
I might study pale tempura
I might study the tripartite tendrils of the graphite
I might study homolinguafranca in spare time I do not
own
I might study tithing and its impact on restorative
justice
I might study centers of a self-declared intransigence
I might study cool tubes from which harmony is swayed
I might study boycotts of the vortices
I might study vitamin B shots
I might study women's names that start with "H"
I might study the phenomenon of <you-understood>
I might study retrographia
I might study double-paned divisions between neighbors
I might study film left under glass
I might study pseudo-non-conformity
I might study the recessive traits in players of
trombones
I might study the behaviors of unlabeled integers
I might study my way back to incubation where I
ventured with my thinking out of the enclosure that
divided us
I might study towns with figure eights in them
I might study the effects of chilly springs on tepid
forearms
I might study crossing the almighty midline as a hobby
I might study ligaments and why mine are so plain
I might study contraindications of these droplets
found alive and well in signal corps
I might study Corpus Christi teams inquiring why the
dimensions of the city have been slow to shift
I might study correspondence and the fixity on
chambers where your honor fades into a sheaf of
meaning she intends to change from all predictive
paths

sheila e. murphy