It sounds to me like you are doing exactly the right things -

excellent,
John

At 11:43 AM 2/6/2006, you wrote:
Hi John - Thanks for looking at it and commenting... Well it's just sort
of a beginning, a couple of nights cataloguing, I have no idea how much
there is in total. I never counted even the boxes... It's such a mess
because I've attempted to organize the thing at least twice along the
years, trying different systems and then given up some reason or other.

About browsing - I would like to get comments about the usability of the
interface, the data itself is stored in a text database and it is possible
to present it in a variety of different list formats. I'll create a browse
list for author names next.

I haven't even thought about scanning stuff yet, but I'm going to provide
low resolution images of at least some of the pieces.

Thanks,
Jukka