Title: ASPCA

MARCH 17, 2006

Welcome to our weekly email newsletter, your source for the latest news from our animal welfare community and information on pending humane legislation.

USING FLEA CONTROL PRODUCTS OR HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS? READ THE LABEL FIRST!
The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center receives countless calls from pet owners who have inappropriately used flea and tick preparations on pets. In many cases, problems would not have occurred if they’d only taken the time to carefully read and follow label instructions and precautions.

ASPCA PET OF THE WEEK: LION KING
This stately German Shepherd mix named Aslan decidedly deserves the royal treatment.

“I LOVE ANIMALS—I THINK I’LL BE A VET WHEN I GROW UP!”
How often have you heard kids respond similarly when asked about their future career plans? Becoming a vet is a wonderful aspiration, but many children may not realize that there are countless other careers that benefit animals. Our new issue of the ASPCA’s teacher newsletter focuses on animal-related professions.

MANHATTAN MAN BUSTED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY
The 42-year-old man allegedly left his eight-year-old pit bull-mix tied to a radiator in his apartment, where she was found dehydrated and starving.

WANTED: PIX OF YOUR PETS WEARING ORANGE FOR OUR 140TH BIRTHDAY PHOTO ALBUM
C’mon, send in those shots of Sparky in his new orange bandana! What better way to show off your furry pride and joy—and show your support for the ASPCA?!

HELP PROTECT PETS IN EMERGENCIES!
Please contact your representative and urge him or her to support H.R. 3858, the Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards Act.

MORE ALERTS FOR YOUR AREA...

Visit us at www.aspca.org

Unsubscribe from receiving email, change yourpreferences, or change your email address.