let me imagine a start. i'm good at that. the imagining started somewhere. imagining images became a way of life. like wanting to cross an abyss. yes i know, a bridge. someone would have to be on the other side already. so who is that someone.

we need structure. you won't understand if there's no structure. of course. but still, we need someone on the other side. someone has to throw us a line

its easy once you've started -- we'll build the bridges if you throw us a line (you see its quite like drawing)

some cross others imagine a bridge across

some cross and imagine a bridge across so your kin can follow

so is there someone on the other side or not. i think not. i think the abyss is the difference between being and wishing. and its about imaging the other. side. imagining i mean. well i think someone could be. if someone could tell me what being is i could define being. but i can't define the other. or the other side. the other's size. or any other property. i can imagine the other's size. i can imagine every property. i can image anything.

so we started off with an image but the image isn't quite right. we started with the bridge. and a bridge crosses something. so what meaningful something would that bridge cross. it would cross an abyss. it would neatly cross an abyss neatly incorporating other images in the image. images that other people understand. that even i understand somewhat.

so when you start off with an image you have a ready made image. there is something in the image that people already understand. you don't start from scratch. you can't imagine what starting from scratch would be.

so now we've started

Geert Dekkers
http://nznl.com