This is wonderful and reminds me of the quietude of Wilfred Owen... And it has the space of the northern prairies as well...

- Alan

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Lewis LaCook wrote:

Ohio is warm and sick with winds.
Trains moan through winter evening dark,
memorializing distance. Explosions poppy,
woven from pixels from an abandoned game

in the woods; Alex found an arm there,
lying on the grass. It was grasping coughs.
This is what it means to be precious.

The War rouged over, grumpy, wearing your
sweater, won't cool if you blow on it.
We grew up in imagined engines, in graveyards
lying face-down among a pool of rhododendron.

We made honey. And all our lower levels flood.

Lewis LaCook, Senior Engineer
Abstract Outlooks Media

http://www.abstractoutlooks.com
Abstract Outlooks Media - Premium Web Hosting, Development, and Art Photography
http://www.lewislacook.org
lewislacook.org - New Media Poetry and Poetics
http://www.xanaxpop.org
Xanax Pop - the poetry of Lewis LaCook

Work on YouTube, blog at http://nikuko.blogspot.com . Tel 718-813-3285.
Webpage directory http://www.asondheim.org . Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://clc.as.wvu.edu:8080/clc/Members/sondheim for theory; also check
WVU Zwiki, Google for recent. Write for info on books, cds, performance,