W ail

ha hi he ho ha hu        me one  !nodding at t
he s lugger t wrench        rust ,nekkid rug ah b
red shonely d ragg        last the corn er mold  .yr
shoulder an a c lop nor th  .s hot s hade ,d one
peel ,found er p        ing cr ass the field yr
tuner can yr bat        waisted glue you matt e
east container  !file        mu went an b ached t

he s hiner you sus        bricken soup yr s lit s lop
dle of yr shorts  .b        .cough the doorup ,mas
crus t h opper p hon        s lackers ungu wiggly
.dog ton the ,b ladder s cowl ,a nest to me you
off all yr rabbi t        e an c reep an c aw
draining in the s ink        lind I was I'm ,dee ping
t the hairy ears an        tain the crubhouse bun

John M. Bennett

Dr. John M. Bennett
Curator, Avant Writing Collection
Rare Books & Manuscripts Library