Yes, compressed to let the artifacts act as form-building material, similar to your jpeg imagery.

What kinds of source sounds are you using for these?

On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Bjørn Magnhildøen wrote:

2007/1/10, mpalmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
These are quite compelling, thanks!

What's the code, if you don't mind sharing?

it's just that they're so compressed (8kbps if i remember) that the
rendering sort of spectralizes, 'pixelates', that's all - one of the
better for instance http://noemata.net/magh/dd/magh_domus10e.mp3 - heh
i sent it to a 'deep listening' festival once on a floppy, didn't hear
more about it.
bjørn