Face off

ash mas k ,g lint        the gutter full of heaves
ou marker off y        ass ,sleeping in a sand
dex soapy ,name t        ear hid in your eyes
heel replies the lon        b lazes in the sun a
le aft the collect ion        zing nos tril where yr
x nuzzles in the loo        rink  .bun soup ,eye
zzled like yr thro        yr st rolling f all
you cush ioned in        at pencil – was w hat
col lapsing in the d        p the proud ham gu
hole rustling ,buz        lumber where yr ape
estate comb at ant        g fume lung or ,bust
sweaty hood your        he rocker where yr
trailing cross the gr        r s hip needles ,fun
wich ,bowling toward        tundra ,fuel nap y

Terrón

mud mut e ,m ate        lessed that spat adobe
fish hook in the spee        ken so it’s whole or
te yr fee t an g        lung withheld conclusion
ing c rashnet sod den        se my nutty gas r
king ask the ash for        ard me who gristened
s and cues all d        ,trucked an groveled
tainment why you s        ored with wind suits
aked ,whistled ,fav        aid big “no”thing stre
,numb you washed        ay yr it ching con
through the muc k tow        fire  ,bratant mutter
.my high fake rin        with yr steady thin
ole blistered like yr        rin me one a pewl
,basted ,bristled ,bro        ch you craved ,sta
hole  .nor use nor        mur der ,molt en

John M. Bennett

Dr. John M. Bennett
Curator, Avant Writing Collection
Rare Books & Manuscripts Library