Sympathy I can give. But help?

How about saving the work as plain text?

Geert

On 22/04/2007, at 6:11 PM, Allen Bramhall wrote:

I know this isn't the juiciest of requests but it's important to me. I am preparing a manuscript but have a problem. about 40 of the pages have a horizontal line that I didn't intentionally put in. if I put the cursor after the line and hit backspace, the line seems to move down the page, definitely doesn't delete. I use Open Office for word processor, tho I have been saving the manuscript in doc format (because I am sharing it). is there a way to strip the manuscript of crap? I used to use Xywrite, lo these many, which offered a view that allowed you to see all the code you've input. does Open Source have this? am I making myself clear? I tried saving to RTF but that didn't work. suggestions? antidotes? sympathy?