I believe it was Perrin who wrote "The King died; the queen died." Although a
story, albeit very short, what we do not know is the "plot," for the obstacle
or frustration that lead to their deaths is not defined. To say "The king
feasted," readers are told the event, but not the obstacles that lead to the
feast or the consumption of dirt. Interestingly, "You ate dirt." addresses the
reading audience, and does not include the characters who are present, at least
implied, in the context of the king's feast.

Lawrence J. McKenzie
English Department
West Virginia University (Parkersburg)
300 Campus Drive
Parkersburg, WV 26104
(304) 424-8000 (Campus)
(304) 424-8301 (Division Secretary)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The information contained in this electronic mail message is sender's business
confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the
addressee(s).  Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is authorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken, or
omitted, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  The sender believes this E-mail
(and any attachments) was free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or
malicious code when sent. This message (and its attachments) could have been
infected during transmission, however. By reading the message and opening any
attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective
and remedial action about viruses and other defects. West Virginia University,
and/or the sender of this message,  is not liable for any loss or damage
arising in any way from this message or its attachments.
>>> Charles Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/01/07 7:33 AM >>>
The king feasted
You ate dirt.

At 11:24 PM 4/30/2007, you wrote:
>NOVA COOKIE & FROZEN HELL
>
>Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words :
>
>"For sale: baby shoes, never worn." and is said to have called it his
>best work.
>
>So I asked writers to take a shot themselves.
>Very short stories. Six words !
>
>http://novacookie.blogspot.com/
>
>SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME.
>
>Any language.
>
>Send your six words story to :    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(Translations will be available in comments)
>

>--
>BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
>
>Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 292145300) is spam:
>Spam:        https://antispam.osu.edu/b.php?c=s&i=292145300&m=f4408c365d2a
>Not spam:    https://antispam.osu.edu/b.php?c=n&i=292145300&m=f4408c365d2a
>Forget vote: https://antispam.osu.edu/b.php?c=f&i=292145300&m=f4408c365d2a
>END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS