No, Tom. I'm not familiar with her works. Must see the museum next time I'm in
NY. Visual arts turn me on!
Obododimma.

Thomas savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi. I like this poem a lot.  One line
reminded me of the sculptures of Louise Nevelson, currently on view at the
Jewish Museum in New York City.  Some of her "dreams of carved wood" are truly
unique and always interesting.  I was wondering if you'd ever heard of her, Mr.
Oha.  Regards, Tom Savage

Obododimma Oha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    Ekpo

  Wild body,
  Soot & mud & smells
  A stain stays the road

  Wild body
  Wild speech
  And untiring chase

  Unam ikot!
  the  howling fear the toothed conquest
  always
  eats this foliage text

  He the 'he'
  walks tall
  into a dream of carved wood

  The mime the mystery around
  market & marked shrinehouse
  long after
  the tiny bell has found the distance

  --- Obododimma Oha

  **********************************
Obododimma Oha
  PhD (Stylistics/War Rhetoric)
  MSc (Legal, Criminological, & Security Psychology)
   Senior Lecturer in Stylistics, Semiotics, & Discourse Analysis
Department of English, University of Ibadan
  &
  Fellow, Centre for Peace & Conflict Studies
  University of Ibadan, NIGERIA

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

**********************************
Obododimma Oha
  PhD (Stylistics/War Rhetoric)
  MSc (Legal, Criminological, & Security Psychology)
  Senior Lecturer in Stylistics, Semiotics, & Discourse Analysis
Department of English, University of Ibadan
  &
  Fellow, Centre for Peace & Conflict Studies
  University of Ibadan, NIGERIA

Bored stiff? Loosen up...