The Dream of a Nation free & open-sourced book and materials
<http://dreamofanation.org/educators/secondary-education/>  provide key
information for teachers and students which address the most pressing issues of
our time including: citizen engagement, waging peace, getting beyond
partisanship, conservation and environmental stewardship, constructive media,
ending poverty, strengthening community, and much more. This content, authored
by visionaries who tackle these issues today, offer viable solutions that
engage students in issues that matter to them in a constructive way.
The book and materials are geared for grades 8-12 and is filled with diagrams,
pictures and charts that encourage visual literacy in economics, civics and
math, as well as narratives which deepen social and historical understanding.
Dream of a Nation makes social studies, civics, and economics relevant for
students, through the discussion of issues which define our world, and
encourage young people to take an active part in addressing these issues to
create a better world for tomorrow. Dream of a Nation is also an excellent tool
for demonstrating teachers' connection to 21st century learning, which is a
necessary criterion in many new teacher evaluation tools.
The resources available on our website (http://dreamofanation.org/educators)
include ready to implement lesson plans, standards alignment material, and
discussion guides for the book as well as links for students to get involved.
Dream of a Nation is available in totality in the
Solutions<http://dreamofanation.org/solutions/> gallery on our website.
Hard-copies are available as well.  Please let me know if you would like me to
send you a copy.
Eliza Volk
Dream of a Nation Outreach
(914)494-6527<tel:%28914%29494-6527> |