I would
rebut with this: the HTML 4.01 specification says that a dl could be
used for pairings other than definitions, citing a script
(character/speech pair) as an example.

Well, yes. But I could understand that if e.g. the e-mail address field had a specified value that told me what my e-mail address was. In real life though, I define this as I want which makes the "definition" very loose. In fact, I could fill in Hamlet's e-mail, or his Actor's mother's (to use the theatre metaphore) - that doesn't "define" "Your E-mail:" very much, IMHO, since it's up to you to tell the truth or not..

my .02¤

/Anton
--
What your <body> lacks, your <head> compensates.