Hi Michael,

Welcome to the group!

<link rel="start"...
Refers to the first document in a collection of documents. This link type
tells search engines (and other alternate browsers) which document is
considered by the author to be the starting point of the collection.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.3.3

<link rel="section"...
Refers to a document serving as a section in a collection of documents.

<link rel="help"...
Refers to a document offering help (more information, links to other sources
information, etc.)

<link rel="stylesheet"...
Refers to an external style sheet. This is an important one. Style sheets
are most powerful when they are separated form individual HTML files - as
you can then edit one CSS file and affect any HTML file that links to it.
More info:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/styles.html#style-external
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/styles.html#specifying-external
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-media-descriptors

There are many more link options. Full explanations here:
http://www.seoconsultants.com/meta-tags/link-relationship.htm

More about how these assist alternate browsers:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/06/20/day_9_providing_additional_navig
ation_aids

Thanks
Russ