Title: Modify class

Is it possible to modify the attribuites of a CLASS dynamically?

In other words, I now have a page with 200 objects on it, 20 of them are of CLASS:helpHidden, when help is clicked I now loop over all objects in the page and see if the object is of CLASS:helpHidden, if so then change the class to helpDisplay, obviously this takes a while and to me it looks like there should be a better way of doing it. Like for example change the properties of the class itself, for example;

CLASS:help

{
        visibility: hidden;
        display: none;
}

When HELP is clicked change the attributes of the class to

{
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 14px;
        color: red;