do people still use bookmarks?

For myself, only rarely. I recently read a post on a search engine list
(I-Search, very good if you're looking for something on the topic) where it
was suggested that people do not bookmark/remember URLs as often these days
because it's so straightforward to just go to google and type it in.

I'd never thought about it really, but realise now I'm guilty of this
behaviour... trying to track down places I remember through the search
rather than bookmarking at the time I visit.

Thought it was worth a mention. I still think it's nice to have a URL that
can sort of be read ... nothing like session strings in the address bar to
make you feel you really are dealing with the inhuman face of a company! :)