In some Government organisations, Netscape 4 is still used as the default
browser generally to the use of the Netscape email client and because they
paid a site licence for corporate use (which is why Netscape had to bring
out an update to 4.7? last year). If one of these organisations is your
client, then there is a very good reason to tweak for it.

Of course you urge them to change the policy, but sysadmins (especially
government ones) are not always fast on technology change.