Chris Blown wrote:

Hey,

After reading Dave Shea's "Friday Challenge" and all the various
solutions posted in response, I decided to have a play with this idea
too. Ryan Brill's negative margin method works well across browsers, and
I used this method while experimenting.

/* Triple checked link ;) */
http://www.hinterlands.com.au/testing/floats.html

I had an attempt at getting 100% height working on this one, but gave
up, since using a fixed, fluid div combination, horizontally and
vertically seems to be more trouble than its worth. Especially using
negative margins ( seems slightly hack worthy ) Not to mention the
problem of content overflowing the content div when its larger than the
page.

Not sure how you get around this without using min-height set to 100%
but only Opera and Mozilla seem to care here. Anyway my obsession with
100% height still remains ;)

Hello Chris,

which element should get 100% height? A column relative to another column or the whole layout relative to the viewport?

Tonico

-- Tonico Strasser ?:-) http://Tonico.FreeZope.org

Contact_Tonico at Yahoo dot de
Check out http://www.WebProducer.at