Hi All

Been enjoying the conversations since joining a week ago, thanks!

I am currently converting a clients' site (from tables) into a validated site (well, testing and putting it to them... they asked, but they don't know the price yet! :oO )

The main sections (design) of the site will be served as ASP.NET includes (similar to PHP includes etc. to act as a template system). However, most of the sites' content resides in nice rounded panels (like navigation panel menu thing). I've managed to develop these as so it's a case of copying the code of an empty one to put one on the page, then fill it up with the intended content. However, the content within these panels is so varied. This is the sticking point for me (it'll take the most time to convert all the content since it's different on each page, and was originally done with nested-tables).

Therefore, it's looking like the each page could potentially have its own css file. And now to my questions!:

1. Bandwidth/caching etc.-wise, will this be okay to have a separate CSS file for each page (highly likely that it'd have a <link> to the main CSS file, then a second <link> to its individual CSS file)?
2. Would inserting the CSS into the pages <head> be as effective (we are probably talking about 10-15 css declarations per page for the individual content)?
3. Or, should I just whack every single bit into one CSS file and link every page to it (even though it could become rather big... i.e. 50 pages x 15 declarations per page, plus all the template declarations etc.)?

Thnx in adv. (sorry for the long-winded post... but not much opportunity elsewhere to theorise about CSS... except in the pub, but the ladies don't like it :o\ )

Kind regards Martin Chapman

--

Web development, identity and design.

co-ord.com Limited