Thanks James,

one thing - is this correct?
If you are putting data into a data store it's wise to stripslashes(), strip_tags() and other characters that can cause problems.
or did you mean:

addslashes();
strip_tags();

not - stripslashes... because addslashes escapes the charaters which are problem causers.

Chris Stratford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Http://www.neester.com

James Ellis wrote:

Peter Firminger wrote:
Sorry, I don't do PHP. Someone else may have a PHP solution for you.

I think I did a pretty long post a while back on this subject - probably good to search for it in the archive.

Anyway, the PHP way to do the CF in Peter's example is:

$newString = htmlspecialchars($oldString);
or
$newString = htmlentities($oldString);

The relevant core PHP functions are:
  • htmlspecialchars
  • htmlentities
  • html_entity_decode
  • get_html_translation_table
If you are putting data into a data store it's wise to stripslashes(), strip_tags() and other characters that can cause problems.

All available in the PHP manual at php.net/manual/

Cheers
James