I played with it a little and here's what I got. The horizontal nav bar needs some tweaking, although I don't think it's possible to do much about the small left area that's not covered on hovers. I got it as close as possible in Safari & Firebird, have no clue about IE on the Win side as my test station is down at the moment.

It does have a major issue on IE5 Mac though, but should be fixable if you try.

Here's a link to the changes I made:

http://homepage.mac.com/mdnky/yoga/yoga.html