As far as I can tell it's a bug in Moz/Netscape. I've had it happen a few times before, and got myself so worked up trying to figure it out that I wanted to start shooting things. <G>

On the plus side, IE5.2, Safari 1,2, and Opera 6.03 display the nav right. Opera of course has the 4px or so gap at the top, and the whole content part is shifted 10 or 15 pixels left. But, on the bright side it's not collapsing the borders.

I don't have the time to try this, but see what happens if you take the "line-height: 1.8em" out. I vaguely remember that as a possible cause for problems, but it's been a while so my mind might just be playing tricks on me.

MD