I've done a CSS pure layout and only have two bugs to squash (I think/hope) before I can continue with the rest of the project. I've tried everything to get rid of them but nothing is working.

Page is here:
 http://www.toolmantim.com/staging/playtest_2cols.html

and the css is here:
 http://www.toolmantim.com/staging/playtest.css

Bug 1) In Mozilla the left hand background only vertically extends as far as the viewport (i.e. #outerwrapper background height is stuck at 100% of viewport, not 100% of content).
See line 41 of CSS

Bug 2) In IE (5.x & 6) there is a strange white bar down the left hand side of body. This occured after I applied the "width: 100%" to #body to solve the disappearing float bug (as #body-rhcolumn has "float: right;" applied to it).
See line 245 of CSS

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is reaaally starting to annoy me!

Thanks,
-- tim