On Wednesday, February 18, 2004, at 11:21 AM, Tim Lucas wrote:

Anybody had any experience at protecting a CSS-P layout from their CMS users?

Stuff like collapsing margins and what-not could really cause things to bugger up.

I'm thinking of wrapping the editable areas in a single-celled table.

I guess it depends on your CMS... *my* CMS doesn't let the editors and contributors style their text above and beyond structured HTML mark-up -- they can't inline styles, divs, etc -- that's all done by the designer.

In which case, I have no problem putting their mark-up inside <div id='content'>, and have no fear that they can screw up the CSS1 or CSS2.

Of course they can screw up the well formed, structured XHTML, but that's another story.

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au