I always knew there was money to be made on the internet.

I've just been looking in the wrong places.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 18/02/2004 12:26:05 pm >>>

On that note.. here is another corker:
http://212.100.234.54/content/6/28985.html

Having navigation on a website in a fixed position is patented. Does
the patent office actually do anything at all?? "Life is like a box of
chocolates..."

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/

Chris Blown wrote:

>Hey
>
>I've been increasingly interested in the latest developments in Europe
>on software patents and the effect it may have on open source and
>standards based development.
>
> http://swpat.ffii.org/news/recent/index.en.html
>
>As all here know, the basis for most IT based standards is
>interoperability and standardised communication of information. However
>standards by nature offer a range of concepts that a lot of clever
>people have invented. Does the combination of patents and standards
>restrict innovation and development?
>
>I reckon so.. its good to see the W3C agree ...
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/
>
> http://xml.coverpages.org/patents.html [ Warning : Super Long ]
>
>Regards
>Chris Blown

>The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/

Maddocks
Melbourne - Tel: (61 3) 9288 0555 Fax: (61 3) 9288 0666
Sydney - Tel: (61 2) 8223 4100 Fax: (61 2) 9221 0872
Web: http://www.maddocks.com.au
The information in this electronic mail is privileged
and confidential, intended only for use of the individual
or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient,
any dissemination, copying or use of the information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error please delete it immediately from your system
and inform us by email on [EMAIL PROTECTED]