Hey WSG,

I have recently been thinking, there are a lot of browsers out there.
Thats understandable...

But why do they all have a different rendering engine!
Couldn't they standardise the rendering engine - and build around that.
I mean, they have their own methods of loading images & the HTML etc...
But once the HTML code and Images are downloaded into the local cache...
Cant all browsers simply have a common rendering engine...

Having more than one browser...
In a browser war...
Where the browsers are all "trying to be different" yet... trying to be the same still...
They all want the same outcome - a nice rendered webpage...
They all want to have their own fetaures... Tabbed Browsing, Favorite Management, Auto Forms etc...

There is no need for their rendering engines to be different, since they all want the websites to render the same...
so whats the point??

I know that IE usese Mozialla 4.0 etc...
but i mean, why did IE need to change its rendering system?
why!!!!

It would solve ALL the problems!
--
Chris Stratford