My brace style of use is K&R (Kernighan and Ritchie -- or what you call 'goofy') but I prefer to read GNU style, then BSD style (what you called 'lined up method').

I guess it goes back to my C programming days. If wateva team I'm working with doesn't like it then it's only 2 lines of perl to change it...

And I definately agree with SC that it's probably one of the aspects that matters the least when it comes to code readability and reuse -- althought it should be kept consistent throughout a project.

-- tim

www.toolmantim.com