Hi

Don't be put off by the 3% figure --

It would be interesting to see the results of a "moving to standards based" poll. This would be more reflective of the current status of web standards around the globe, I feel - it's what a lot of us are trying to do at the moment.

Remember that the validator would baulk at one & instead of an & - this doesn't necessarily mean that it should be placed in the non-standard basket. If the intent is their but the algorithms to convert to htmlspecialchars aren't then it's ok by me (a small fix :D).

Cheers
James

Leslie Riggs wrote:

This is certainly a clear demonstration of just how much work is still
to be done, to get standards fully established and implemented across
the 'Net.  I have no idea what the numbers are for where I live, in the
United States.  I daresay they wouldn't be much better.

Leslie Riggs

quoting from the link:
"How many danish authorities home pages is valid according to the W3C Validator?

        Numbers %
Yes     62      3,05 %
No      1971    96,95 % "