Or...how about drawing a clear conclusion to the problem. It's a bit frustrating going through list/forum archives when a thread covering a problem that seems to be like your own suddenly dries up.

If the thanks specifies the solution to the problem then I think it's very valuable. Perhaps we need a "Re: Blah Issue: problem solved" type subject line so when pouring through archives you can jump straight to that one.

Or perhaps the note should be simply to consider how well your message might be archived before you post.

Just a thought,

Nick

A general note to all.

Due to the increase in traffic, probably better to send "Thanks" emails that
contain nothing else directly to the sender rather than to the list.

Thanks,

Peter