Jeremy Flint
www.jeremyflint.com

Gyrus wrote:
At 01:45 22/03/2004 +0100, you wrote:

First of all, I couldn't see anything by viewing the HTML-Link in Opera. Was the CSS linked?

Actually, it was imported via a style block in the header. I'd not considered this, but is there any practical reason to do this:

<link href="/css/screen.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection" />

and have this in your stylesheet:

@import "/css/advanced.css";

rather than just doing this:

in your HTML header?

I guess the <link> method means you can include some basic lo-fi styles and then import your advanced stuff. However, on the site I'm working on, I'm just giving unstyled content to non-compliant browsers. Any reason even without lo-fi styles to <link> rather than <style> in the above way?

Gyrus
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://norlonto.net/gyrus/dev/
PGP key available