From: Carl Reynolds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 9:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] CSS Shorthand for color

I did a lot of research several years ago in the use of color in user
interfaces that will be viewed by color blind people. The results we got
showed that a wide range of colors works better for them than a narrow
range. Of course it is not a good idea to uses exclusively bright red and
bright green for everything on the sight, but a dark green next to a bright
red with other colors will work quite well. Even for people with
magenta-yellow, or violet-orange color blindness using a broad range of
saturation's works better than having everything in restricted color ranges.

The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See
http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm