From what I can tell the unordered list within the .column-in class has shifted the list over according to the padding you use in the .column-in class. So what I did was create a decendant selector for ul that is within the .column-in class. Here is the code:

.column-in ul {
padding: 0 25px;
}
This has the effect of aligning the two uls despite the fact that the class the second unordered list is contained within has different padding than that of the first unordered list in the page.

Now the question is, is this an appropriate solution for this problem? Or is this just a hackneyed workaround?

I also didn't see the corresponding css code for the breadnav and breadcrumb id. Was this ommision on purpose? That may be why the ul within that div doesn't have the same margin as the second ul. I added the same code as you had for the column-in class and it fixed it:

        #breadcrumb {
              padding: 0 10px 0 10px;
         }

This I suppose is a much better solution.

Thoughts folks? I'm all ears.

Jeremy Flint wrote:

http://www.sweetbirmingham.com/dev/about-otherbhaminfo.html

This page uses an unordered list for the navigation on the right, except for the the two images at the bottom, they are just divs.

The list in the content area, is for some reason, offsetting against the left nav box. there seems to be an extra buffer left of the list items until the nav box ends.

can anyone help me out?