You're preaching to the converted here Denny. This is a focussed list and this (without any concrete advice or methodology) is way off topic.

Thread closed. No further comments please.

Peter (Listdad)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Denny Lancaster
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] Greetings

Web site awards, validation logo's, certificates of achievement,
a listing of credentials or accomplishments and other "vain"
displays on a web site have something in common - an outward
statement of an inward achievement.

The reason for the above statement is because of a comment a pastor
made many years ago when asked why a bus ministry and a Christian
life center were started at the same time, when either or both would
prove to be divisive within the church membership.  His response was
that "we must use every method at our disposal to reach people for
Christ, because not everyone response in the same way."

My friends the building of an accessible and standards compliant web
site is for most of us an evolutionary process, which begins with
a rationale for doing so in the first place, proceeds through the
nurturing of friends and associations and eventually leaves us with
the knowledge and desire to help others.

Therefore let us "use every method at our disposal to reach people
to begin the process of building accessible and standards compliant
web sites"

Our Talking Hands award is but one method we use to reach others.  It
too is an outward statement of an inward "compassion" for our deaf
and hard of hearing, expressed through teaching ASL and SignWriting
and honoring those whose web building efforts teach and leave a visitor
with something of significant value upon returning to their normal
daily activities.
--
Denny Lancaster
Talking Hands Award Coordinator