I'm having a problem with a textarea. It will display properly on the page (which has three div columns) but when a person begins to input data it automatically expands (to the right) so it occupies two columns instead of just the middle column. I've never seen anything like this before...

<textarea name='msg' class='t1'></textarea>

.t1 {
display:inline;  <- this is a tip I got from the mail list
width:98%;
height:125px;
}

I've validated the code and this problem seems consistent in IE6 in windows 2000.

Has anybody experience this same problem? I could post more code for this but I'll wait and see if there might be an easy solution to this first.

Thanks, v