My monitor is set for 1042x768.

I understand what you are saying about fonts taken from an elementary schoolbook. Those can be even more annoying. I am referring to fonts that appear to be perhaps a 6 or 7 point size on screen. Honestly, you can hardly read some of them.

What is ctrl+scrollwheel? I have a Logitech mouse with a scrollwheel in the middle (which I rarely use - was raised in DOS times with old fashined mouse <grin>)

At 03:45 PM 5/9/2004, Rimantas Liubertas wrote:
Y> Initially, I thought perhaps it was because I was using a four-year old
Y> monitor.  Well, I bought a new computer just four months ago, along with a
Y> new 19-inch monitor - and nothing has changed!

The size of the font on the screen depends more on resolution you've
set for your monitor, than on its size.

Y> Is it a new trend to try to make fonts as microscopic as possible?  To me,
Y> that would be against any feasible standard of good usability.

Frankly, I've tired of all this endless dancing around font sizes long ago.
I'm am using Firefox and ctrl+scrollwheel takes all the fuss away.
Usability depends on many things too. Talk about line length, line
height, font outline, colors etc.
Still I like smaller fonts more than those making text to look like
it's been taken from the elementary schoolbook.

All said represents my position as the web user, not developer.