Sorry, I'm away Thurs AM for study.

I will read your email when I return. For any urgent Intranet queries or
assistance please contact Marion Haworth on 02 9230 8542 or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Many thanks,
Leon Wild.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 05/05/04 18:15 >>>

You're right, but in my defense I didn't actually put a huge amount of
thought into it because
a) I doubt any decision-makers would see it
b) since they've just 'redesigned' the site <coff> I don't think they'd
be keen to spend more money
c) the job would be a *%^& nightmare ... I wrote it to tell them it
doesn't work - the job pitch was just an afterthought!

:) Peter

On 05/05/2004, at 4:59 PM, Miles Tillinger wrote:

> Three cheers for Web Standards evangelism!  Kudos for making the
> effort to spread the gospel, but I don't know if I agree with the
> approach.  Fair enough that you'd like to win the job, but the end of
> the email starts sounding like marketing spam.  A political approach
> might be more effective for getting them to think about it because the

> last thing any government department wants to think about is more
> costs and they could be to short-sighted to consider the long-term
> gains...
>
> Just my $0.02...
>
> Mt.

Universal Head