At 16:02 5/5/2004 +0200, Tonico Strasser wrote:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0001011/2004/05/04.html#a7387
Hm, will they make it more standards compliant as well? Will it work in older versions of Windows?

Hum, I donīt believe.

Presto (Opera) and Gecko (Mozilla) engines pass a profound redesign of your engines to assimile web standards. Safari utilizes the KHTML engine, previously web standard compliant, AFAIK.

The trouble with IE is your engine require a profound redesign to assimile web standards. But a redesign of your engine can cause conflicts with dozen applications of Windows what depends actually of MS HTML Viewer.

But, between IE v5 and v5.5 (Windows), has a notable move to adopt web standard compliance. Not complete, but notable.

If supports PNG with alpha channell, is good enough for me. CSS 2, I believe so much to wait from IE before Longhorn.