From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mordechai Peller
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 8:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] javascript form submission

Ned Lukies wrote:

>I come from a programming rather than a design background, so my
opinion may
>not be the correct one as far as accessability is concerned.

Since the issue is data validity, programming is what's important.

>That said, something I find even more annoying is a large form that is
>validated on the server, which when presented again if there is a
validation
>error, has lost half the data you had submitted.

That's just lazy programming. It is very easy to preload a form before
shipping out to the browser. I recently had to reload a form completely
client side, which is slightly trickier. (Needed to use JS and cookies,
but since it was for a controlled audience, I could dictate the
requirements.)