Hi Ted!

Can you put the box inside the footer div and stick it to the right side?

Sorry, no. The credit-box should be above the footer. Or..

<caution why="raw thinking">
Would negative margins be the solutions? I once advocated them as a general cure, but I don't know exactly, how high the box will grow. Maybe it will be a fluid design, maybe not. It could work with a fixed-pixel-design, but a flexible one?

I could go with
#footer { margin-left:25% } and
#credit-box { width:25%; float:right; },
roughly speaking. For some reason I smell difficulties here... I'll go try tomorrow, it is rather late for me now.

However, interessting thought you led me to, Ted. Thanks for that.
</caution>

Currently, I've put the validation (among others) links into the footer. To satisfy my eye, there are no icons or graphics, just 9px text, hardly big enough to give credit to anyone but screen-readers, Netscape 4 and Google.
--
Matthias <http://www.kronn.de>