Well I for one thought it was a worthwhile project, and a good thing to try.

I didn't submit a design because I don't put myself in the same class as
many of the others on this list.  I wouldn't want to have my design work
judged alongside professional designers.   Now if you're talking about code
and functionality and stuff, well my professional reputation will put me in
the running I reckon, but not design skills.  I'm here on this list as a
learner, and I'm learning as fast as I can.

But able to contribute a classy design as the showcase of this group?  Not
me.  Couldn't do it.   And specially not using the CSS/Accessibility
techniques we're all learning.

I'd venture to suggest there were quite a few of the members of this list
who were in the same category as me.   The impression I have is that there
aren't all that many of the 600 list members who'd say they were fully
conversant with all the techniques advocated by this group.

Don't regard the response as lack of interest.  Call it lack of expertise on
the part of the list members with techniques that while familiar to you, are
new and revolutionary to most of the web development world.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks