Hi guys,

New layout for http://www.english-sofas.co.uk/els_new/index.htm. however, I
am facing a challenge: max-width.

I've built the site to sit in 640 and 800 elastic windows and have
constrained the width -- fine in Gecko but Bodge City in IE. I've used
conditional expressions in CSS to emulate max-width but, of course, as I am
encapsulating a <div>, IE will not resize fluidly once past Zero Barrier
(set at 730px), doggedly maintaining max-with. Now, I can use the onload
reSize + refresh call but that flunks in XHTML 1.1 (and is just plain
nasty). So, what am I to do?

'Go to hell in a handcart' is not an acceptable answer; neither is 'Make the
entire site bloody Flash and to hell with it.' ;o)

One other issue: I'd like to maintain these product icons and associated
text http://www.english-sofas.co.uk/els_new/contemporary_leather_sofas_1.htm
as auto-centre but I'm holding each model as a constrained image and text
within a single href. There are ways to achieve this by folding each href in
a <div> but I'm looking for an elegant solution.

Would appreciate some guru feedback.

Cheers all,

Mike Pepper
Accessible Web Developer